This insurance covers injury or death of an individual due to an accident. The Individual has to choose a particular Sum Insured and pay premium accordingly. The table of benefits is as follows:
Death / Loss of Two Limbs / Loss of 2 eyes / Loss of 1 eye & 1 limb or permanent Total disability as certified by a competent Medical Practitioner - Compensation is Capital Sum Insured. Loss of 1 limb or 1 eye - 50% of capital Sum Insured. An exhaustive table of percentages is available for loss of fingers and toes if required.
The above cover can also be extended to temporary Total disablement on payment of extra premium.
STUDENT SAFETY PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
The policy is intended to be issued to the School/Colleges/Kindergarten or any other educational institutions to cover the Students. The Policy can be endorsed to cover Teachers and all School Staffs.
SCOPE OF COVER:
The students will be covered against death, total loss of two limbs or two eyes, total loss of one limb and total loss of one limb or one eye and permanent total or partial disablement arising out of any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from accident caused by outward, violent , and Visible means .
(Common Examples: Road/Rail/Cycling Accidents, Drowning, Fracture and injuries during school Picnics, Excursions, Educational trips, sports, races, Burns, Falls, Snake/Dog Bite, Stair Case fall, and other Common Home Injuries etc. )
|#||Option A||Option B|
|1||Death (Capital Sum Insured)||BD 1,000||BD 2,000|
|2||Loss of two limbs, two eyes or one limb and one eye||BD 1,000||BD 2,000|
|3||Loss of one limb or one eye||BD 500||BD 1,000|
|4||Permanent total disablement from injuries other than those mentioned above.||BD 1,000||BD 2,000|
|5||Permanent partial disablement (1% as per medical certificate)|
HOSPITALISATION AND MEDICAL EXPENSES :
In addition to the above the policy will provide for reimbursement of medical expenses, subject to a maximum of BD 100/- any one student per any one year incurred for treatment to him /her in a hospital or Nursing as a patient for any injury sustained in an accident.
LOSS OF SCHOOL BAG
In addition to the above the policy will provide for loss or damage to the School bags and books, laptops and school material subject to maximum BD 20/-, as a result of the accident.
Though this policy is for students in Bahrain, the Scope of cover will be worldwide. If the student goes on a school trip or Holiday outside Bahrain the cover will extend worldwide.
The Policy will not only cover the risks during the school but also after school. This is a 24X7 cover.
|#||Option A||Option B|
|a||Per any one Student||BD 1,000||BD 2,000|
|b||Per any one accident||BD 50,000||BD 100,000|
|c||For any one policy year||BD 250,000||BD 500,000|
- The limits b & c be suitably altered to meet the requirements of the institution.
- Medical expenses for hospitalization treatment mentioned as above BD. 100/- for any one student for one Policy year.
PROCEDURE FOR ISSUING COVER:
The School/College/Educational Institution will give a letter of request furnishing the following particulars paying the premium.
- Name of Institution.
- No. of students as on the date of proposal and estimate of increase during the year.
- Limit of compensation selected for any one year.
- Declaration from the school authorities that proper attendance register giving the names of all students. Maintained throughout, which may be available for inspection, if necessary by the insurance authorities.
- Additional inclusions of the students in the middle of the policy period may be allowed on request subject to additional premium payment. No refund allowed.
- The policy will be issued in the name of the institution on the life and for the benefit of total number of students as given in the declaration.
- The Death claim will be payable to the parent or guardian of the student as recorded in the school register certified by the school Authorities. However the Medical Expenses will be paid in the name of the school.
- The policy is subject to usual exclusion related to a Personal Accident Policy.
PAYMENT OF SCHOOL TUITION FEES IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OF THE EARNING PARENT DUE TO ACCIDENT:
On Payment of additional 10% of the Group Premium arrived at for the school in the event of the sudden and unfortunate death due to accident of the earning parent anywhere in the world the policy will provide for actual Tuition and Hostel fees not exceeding BD 100/- per month and in total BD 1000/- for the balance of two academic semester or up to two years so that the student is able to continue his studies.
COVER TO TEACHERS AND STAFF
The Policy can be endorsed to cover teachers and the school staff also at the same rates of premium.
- Immediate notice or intimation to us
- Claim form duly filled in and signed by the school Principal
- Police report and PMR in the event of an accidental Death
- Medical report, Original bills/Receipt for medical reimbursement.
- School bag claim to be settled based on Schools confirmation only